First, I'd like to start by saying THANK YOU to everyone who took the time to reach out to us, either via the web site, Facebook, or in person to tell us how much you like the web site and what we are doing. It means a lot - and we are doing it for you. I was talking with one of our friends today, and we concluded that our area is lacking a "destination" type car event - a multiple day show with numerous activities, get togethers, and other things planned. But more on that later.
I'd like to tell you about a few things we are working on introducing to make this community even stronger:
1. We are going to add an online swap meet soon. This will be an area where you can buy and sell parts, and list vehicles for sale or trade. This should be implemented soon.
2. After the show season is over, around November, we are going to start a weekly "Cyber Car Cruise". Each week, we will pick up to 5 viewers rides for people to vote on. The winners will go on to compete for a prize pack from our vendors at the end of February. To be eligible, all you have to do is send us a picture of your vehicle, and a little about it. We will add it to our "Readers Rides" section on the web page (under MEDIA) and the contest will take place on Facebook.
3. Speaking of Facebook, please join our Facebook group to keep up on the latest updates, announcements, and live event pictures: https://www.facebook.com/groups/335101947405527/
4. We also have an Instagram Page - https://www.instagram.com/jerseyshorecarshows/
5. And finally, we are thinking about starting a cruise. So far, we know it will be in Ocean County, open to all years/makes/models, and the rest we are sorting out. We want this to grow into a bigger event, and perhaps one day, most likely with the help of other clubs, promoters, and groups, find a way to make a destination event. Please watch our Facebook group for some polls regarding this event so we can get your input. We want to make it the best it can be.
So again, THANK YOU to everyone for making this community such a success. We look forward to meeting you and talking to you at shows and around the shore. Please tell your friends about this page so we can continue to grow!